Advantages of Acrylic Paints
- These are usually mixed with water or gels before applying and dry off quite quickly.
- Brushes can be cleaned easily with water.
- Once the paint has dried, it can be over painted without even disturbing the underlying colors.
- It can either be used in thin washes or thickly.
- It is water-resistant
- Good for murals
- Good for collages as it works as glue.
Disadvantages Of Acrylic Paints
- Dries really fast, therefore reduces working time
- Once they dry off, they are completely waterproof and cannot be removed even by rewetting the paint.
- Brushes can be hard to clean if paint has dried in it.
- Colors tend to become a bit darker after they dry off.
Click here for information on: Tips On Getting Started With Acrylic Painting
Intersted in learning more about the advantages and disadvantages of the following:
Paint Your Life
PaintYourLife was established with the clear objective of creating custom art. Our studio offers high quality handmade paintings from photos. Our clients buy our artwork to decorate their homes and offices in their own unique style or as gifts for their loved ones.