Advantages of Acrylic Paints
- These are usually mixed with water or gels before applying and dry off quite quickly.
- Brushes can be cleaned easily with water.
- Once the paint has dried, it can be over painted without even disturbing the underlying colors.
- It can either be used in thin washes or thickly.
- It is water-resistant
- Good for murals
- Good for collages as it works as glue.
Disadvantages Of Acrylic Paints
- Dries really fast, therefore reduces working time
- Once they dry off, they are completely waterproof and cannot be removed even by rewetting the paint.
- Brushes can be hard to clean if paint has dried in it.
- Colors tend to become a bit darker after they dry off.
Click here for information on: Tips On Getting Started With Acrylic Painting